The Wellness Center Partial Hospitalization Program is less intensive than our inpatient Generations Program. Patients receive treatment Monday through Friday and return home each evening. This program serves adults and seniors struggling with mental health or behavioral concerns.
The Wellness Center: Program Overview
Ten Lakes Center is proud to provide a full spectrum of care for individuals with mental health concerns. As a component of our comprehensive treatment, we also operate the Wellness Center day treatment program. Located in New Philadelphia, Ohio, about 10 miles northwest of our main campus, the Wellness Center houses Ten Lakes’ partial hospitalization program (PHP). Our PHP provides treatment for adult men and women aged 18 and older who are struggling with mental illnesses and behavioral issues. The Wellness Center is part of our commitment to provide a full spectrum of care to individuals in need.
Is Partial Hospitalization the Right Fit for You?
PHP occupies a specialized niche in our treatment offerings:
- Inpatient care is our most intensive level of service. Patients in inpatient care live at our treatment center and receive 24-hour supervision. This level of care is best for individuals in crisis or for individuals who need psychiatric stabilization.
- Partial hospitalization (PHP) is one step-down from inpatient care. PHP patients receive services Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 3 pm, but at the end of the day, they go back home and do not live at our center.
The Wellness Center PHP services are designed for individuals who need more support than traditional outpatient care (such as weekly therapy sessions and support groups) can provide, but who also do not need the level of care provided by inpatient treatment. For many individuals, PHP can be utilized as a step-down from inpatient care or a step-up from traditional outpatient services. Individuals in the PHP program commute from home and spend their nights and weekends at home, so in order to be eligible for PHP, patients must have a safe and stable home environment to which they can return at the end of the day.
Types of Treatment
PHP care begins with a thorough treatment planning process where individuals meet with our treatment team and discuss their needs and goals. We recognize that each person who comes to use for care is unique, so no two treatment plans are the same. Each individual’s treatment may include the following interventions:
- Multidisciplinary evaluations mean patients are evaluated by staff members with many different specialties in order to capture the most comprehensive picture of his or her strengths, needs, and treatment goals.
- Individual therapy is an opportunity for patients to meet one-on-one with one of our experienced and compassionate therapists for regular hour-long sessions. Individual therapy gives patients an opportunity to receive individual attention and support, process their victories and setbacks, and discuss issues that they may not feel comfortable discussing in a group setting.
- Groups are the foundation upon which our treatment program is built. We offer two open-ended process groups and three informational psychoeducation groups per day, all of which are led by experienced therapists. Groups give patients a chance to practice recovery skills in a safe environment while supporting and being supported by each other.
- Stress management helps individuals learn skills to manage stressful events that might otherwise lead to a relapse.
- Goal setting helps patients develop short- and long-term recovery goals and teaches them the skills they need to continue healthy goal-setting behaviors even after treatment has concluded.
- Medication management, provided by members of our medical team, helps patients remain consistent with their psychiatric medications so that they can participate in treatment to their fullest ability.
- Daily lunch does not just meet patients’ nutritional needs, but it also provides an opportunity for informal interaction and debriefing about the day’s activities while also letting patients interact in a more relaxed environment.
- Transportation to and from the Wellness Center allows patients who may not have access to, or may not be able to use, a car or public transportation to benefit from the top-notch services we provide.
A Structured Environment
The Wellness Center’s PHP provides a structured therapeutic environment with immediate access to psychiatric care when needed. As such, patients need not be concerned if they experience a relapse while in treatment since help is available at a moment’s notice. Participants in the program can benefit from groups and other therapeutic activities that can alleviate their emotional and behavioral symptoms and give them the tools to learn to manage their mental illness. Furthermore, the structured nature of the program gives patients a regular routine and predictability in their daily schedules, thus helping them to stabilize and benefit from the high-quality services we provide. Although we provide regular structure, PHP treatment at the Wellness Center is also the least restrictive type of care we offer. We recognize that individuals cannot spend their entire lives in treatment, so we have designed our PHP to provide maximal support while also easing patients back into life outside of treatment.
If you feel that you or someone you love might benefit from the care we provide, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our admissions team is happy to answer any questions you may have.